Saturday, February 6, 2016

Literary Friday: The Magicians

Literary Friday: The book that I have been reading this week is "The Magicians" by Lev Grossman. I chose this book because NPR touted it as Harry Potter for grown-ups. It could have been a wonderful fantasy, however the only thing that makes it grown-up are the intimate scenes and obscene language, which I don't think any deceit adult would use. I wish they would put a rating on books so I would know that it is something I don't want to read.
The author seem to take things from Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia and married them into his story. This is actually a series but I think I'm going to stop at book one.

1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Well thanks for the heads up about the language because I probably would have read it given the comparison to Narnia and Harry Potter. I don't know why writers do this....do they use language like that in their everyday lives? Sorry I'm so late visiting.....the flu has really been horrible, and I've had it for two weeks.

xo,
RJ