Monday, January 5, 2009

IF: Resolve: You Don't

I loved this song when I was younger. It made me think of resolve.
YOU DON'T BRING ME FLOWERS
Music by Neil Diamond Lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman
You don't bring me flowers,You don't sing me love songs,
You hardly talk to me anymore
When you come through the door
At the end of the day.
I remember when
You couldn't wait to love me,
Used to hate to leave me.Now after lovin' me late at night,
When it`s good for you
And you're feelin' all right,Well, you just roll over
And you turn out the light.And you don't bring me flowers anymore.
It used to be so nat'ral to talk about forever.
But used to be's don't count anymore,
They just lay on the floor 'Til we sweep them away.
And baby, I remember all the things you taught me.
I learned how to laugh. And I learned how to cry.
Well, I learned how to love
Even learned how to lie.
You'd think I could learn how to tell you goodbye
'Cause you don't say you need me,
You don't sing me love songs,
You don't bring me flowers anymore

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song always made me feel sad... you captured that feeling in your illustration so well. I guess many people resolve to stay when they might leave.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I remember that song! You've illustrated the mood so well! Happy New Year, and I look forward to seeing your work in the new year!

Anonymous said...

Lovely illustration, the song has a wonderful message as well!

Claudio Tomassini said...

I invite you to visit my blog. you can find my last works of art at:

www.claudiotomassini.blogspot.com

yours Claudio Tomassini