Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Daily Face: December 9th

I heard a wonderful news story this morning about a farmer in Harris County, Georgia who is working together with the school district to provide fresh produce for the school cafeteria. I think that is wonderful!
I wish my vegetable garden skills were better, Each year I try to grow more of my own food. My grandparents had a large farm in North Carolina. My parents would take us for the summer. We thought we were going to die from boredom and shelling peas. I miss those days now.
 My grandmother sold fresh farm eggs which were brown. At that time we (city kids) thought that was disgusting having only seen store bought white eggs. Now I only buy organic brown eggs, lol! My children think its disgusting to buy regular white eggs and only like organic milk.

No comments: