Thursday, December 31, 2015

Daily Face: December 31st and Reading Challenge

 This is the last day of my Daily Face portraits for 2015. I am happy with the progress I made in drawing a portrait almost every week day. I usually don't attempt them on the weekends because the calendar pages has lines on the those days.
I also completed my reading challenge of 80 books. That was a difficult challenge for me, although I love to read, I had to push myself and sometimes I had to choose shorter books to read to stay on track. Reading a 500 page book just wasn't the best option.
My goals for 2016 will be to continue daily portraits. I signed up for a weekly Color Me Positive challenge and I am challenging myself not to purchase any books in 2015. The reason for this is because I have a lot of books that I have been purchasing and not reading. I am the type of person who does not like having books on the shelf left unread. Whenever I have guest over and they look at my book collection I like to say that I have read that if they pick it up to look at.
Also I am challenging myself not to purchase any new clothing. How many clothing do you really need? When I help others declutter I see the results of constant shopping. Soon you run out of space and think you need a bigger space. I find it quite sad when I go to estate sales and they had so much stuff, that is not worth anything. I want to just keep the things I love if possible, and enjoy my family and friends. Happy New Years Eve!

No comments: