Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Daily Face: July 28, Platters and David Driskell

 I'm trying to enjoy my last days before I go back to work. Faculty & Staff go back August 3rd, the students will began August 10th. I really wish they would go back to the old schedule when school starts in September after Labor Day.
Platters
I love to use platters in my centerpieces for my dining room table. I recently picked up this one from a thrift store and could not believe my good fortune of finding Wonki Ware. It's Di Marshall Wonki Ware from South Africa. Check out her video. The wooden platter is from Ikea. The green platter is 1960’s Vintage Italian Green Leaf Majolica Pottery I purchased at an estate sale.



Platter from Ikea



1960’s Vintage Italian Green Leaf Majolica 


My Current Art Read
I came across this book in my husbands collection "Evolution: Five Decades of Printmaking by David C. Driskell. I enjoyed reading it and looking at his artwork. The black and white picture is my favorite.



No comments: