Saturday, March 30, 2013

Literary Friday - Double Book

I'm doubled booked once again. Sometimes you just can't make up your mind. I initially picked up Wicked Ways by Donna Hill about murder and revenge. To my great joy while searching the library catalog I found out that Alan Bradley wrote another Flavia de Luce mystery, Speaking From Among the Bones. I have read all of his other books in this series and I have never been disappointed. Flavia is a 12 year old mystery sleuth that also dabbles in chemistry. Flavia stumbles across another dead body, thus begins the mystery. Whenever I read one of his books it as though I am there. I love his detail in describing everything. Check out the cute little video below of one of his previous books. The illustration is mine of Flavia.


Flavia de Luce


1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOVE Flavia! :D Your sketch of her is spot-on...you've captured her intensity!!!

Thanks for linking-up! Back to school (and reality) today. So sad Easter and Spring Break are over!

xo,
RJ