Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Viewing Art

 
 We recently went to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta and viewed the Toulouse-Lautrec and Friends: The Stein Collection and Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Modern Century. My husband, two teenage daughters and nephew went with me. We all enjoyed the exhibitions. However something happen to me that has never happened before. I suffered from what I guess was vertigo. We were on the top floor and decided to go down the ramp. My head started to spin and I became very anxious. I thought is was just a fluke, I mentioned it to my husband and he told me to just look down, but I couldn't. I became panic stricken, my children thought I was joking but I froze. My head was spinning so badly. My husband took me back up, because we were closer to top than bottom. This experience really freaked me out. I the person who has to convince the rest of my family to ride roller coasters. I don't know what this really was.





We also went on an Art Walk in Columbus, Georgia to view the works of Bo Bartlett. This is a multi-venue event. Most art walks I've been to highlight different artist, but this one showcase just Bo's works. It was beautiful. This has been the best art walk I've ever attended. His journals were on display and you could actually pick them up and view them. At one venue there is a autobiography of his life using his paintings narrated by the artist. I was so impressed with all of his journals. The dedication it takes to write about your life almost everyday.




I've always attempted to keep a journal but some years I may only have a few entry's. This Art Walk was so inspiring. If you get a chance it will continue until April 23, 2011 in Columbus, Georgia. Contact CSU Department of Art for more info. Guided tours 706-507-8312.




No comments: