Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IF: Burning - A Sad Disturbing Story

Things like this I usually just keep in my journal but this is so disturbing everyone needs to know. This week in the New York Times there was a story about Afghan women who set themselves on fire trying to commit suicide. It made me very emotional to think that a woman's life would be better if she set herself on fire and died. Life is not always beautiful. I do not want to close my eyes and forget about others in the world and I wonder WHY?. Let's pray for a better world for everyone.To read the story go here:New York Times www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/world/asia/08burn.html?_r=1&am...

4 comments:

Connie said...

Painfully strong, but beautiful too.

Cinzia said...

very impressive, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I completly agree with you.

Unknown said...

oh this is very strong and this story is so sad...to think that these women have no other alternative really is sad.....let us all pray that they can have a better life and that suicide will never be the answer.....

Anonymous said...

That is sad, but you did a great job illustrating it. One day, it will be these brave women (not their regretful men) who will be bountiful in heaven.