Sunday, November 21, 2010

AEDM - Woman with Red Earrings

So here is a type of version of Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer's masterworks Girl with a Pearl Earring except it is Woman with Red Earrings. I know my work doesn't compare but this is what I thought of it. I have a 16X20 copy of one of his paintings. Being the reader that I am I read the book by Tracy Chevalier which I loved. Also loved the movie with Colin Firth. I am a Historical Fiction Fan! This is my Sunday drawing for my Worship Service notes. I try to have these done before service begins because I don't want to set a bad example for my children.

1 comment:

Anne Butera said...

Hi from the AEDM challenge!

Really lovely painting! You may have been inspired by the famous painting, but you made yours all your own.

Like your drawing, too. And that you wanted to finish it so you could be a good example.