Monday, July 11, 2016

Daily Face: July 11th

It's so easy as we get older to not want to change, because we are comfortable. I've been trying to teach myself new tricks. I draw as many Daily Face portraits on my calendar as I can when I have free time. It has made a difference, now as the week goes along I am ready. I would prefer to only draw on the calendar day, but since I changed jobs I can no longer do that.
 Also I don't have access to students to draw anymore so I started using mugshots, but they are not happy faces. I decided to make them happy and dress them in nice apparel.
I like to meditate, but with less time everything I like to do has been crowded out. Today I was reading an article about open-eye meditation. I will learn how to do that also, so I can do it even while I am in Triage waiting or the next patient.
My run time has suffered also. I have been trying to be consistent about  waking up at 4 am to run but it is not happening. Today I located the free gym facilities my new job offers. I'm hoping that when I get of I can get in a 30 minute gym workout. Its not a hour run, but its better than doing nothing. So if you are challenged with new obstacles in your life figure out how to make it work for you.

No comments: