Don't you hate it when you purchase balloons and they fly away to freedom!
Monday, November 24, 2008
10 ways to a better Life by Kent M. Keith
1. People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered
Love them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies
4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway
7. People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
9. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.This list hangs on my office wall at work. It is a good source for inspiration after you have been curse out by a parent. I try my best to be polite and get them to calm down. I often have to explain to them that the rules I have to follow are not mine but the school district or state.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
I thought I would commemorate this years election with a little painting. I used my privilege to vote as I do every year since I'ved been able to. When I was 17 years old I remember wishing that I could vote because there was a candidate that I really did not want to be president. I am proud of my 2 oldest daughters who are of voting age. They voted. I've taught them that there is no excuse not to vote no matter who is running. Too many of our ancestors never had that right.